Who said big guys cannot go kayaking? A 500 lb capacity kayak is my target as I prepare to go back to my indelible moments in the waters.
It has been a while since I was in the waters kayaking. This is not because I lost interest in it, I just can’t.
Over the years, my weight has not been doing me justice and now I can’t help to call myself a big guy….
The research I have done below is to enlighten the people with big bodies and have an interest in spending their free time maybe doing some fishing.
Doing what you love is always fulfilling and you cannot beat that.
Have you ever gotten attached to a certain pair of shoe at the store and realized it cannot fit you?
It is not any different from getting attracted to a certain kayak that has your best color and accessories but cannot hold your weight. I have been there and I can tell the feeling.
So if you are a huge person, take a few minutes to read through this article to familiarize with the some of the best fishing kayak under 1000.
I believe several of them will suit your needs and you can go ahead and purchase them.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Kayak For Heavy Person: Kayak 500 lb Capacity.
- 1.1 1. Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak with Deluxe Package.
- 1.2 2. AIRHEAD AHTK-2 Montana Performance 2 Person Kayak.
- 1.3 3. Strait Edge 2 Two-Person Kayak.
- 1.4 4. Lifetime 10 Foot Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak.
- 1.5 5. Sea Eagle Razorlite 393rl Inflatable Kayak with Pro Package.
- 1.6 6. Lifetime Tandem Sit on Top Kayak with Back Rest.
- 1.7 7. Sea Eagle SE330 Inflatable Sports Kayak Pro Solo Package.
- 2 What To Consider When Buying A 500 Lb Capacity Kayak.
Best Kayak For Heavy Person: Kayak 500 lb Capacity.
1. Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak with Deluxe Package.
Hey there big guy. Do not let your weekend pass by without you doing something interesting. By something I mean kayaking.
Sea Eagle 330 is a kayak for fat guys that will take your kayaking experience to an amazing destination.
Whether you love the white water rivers or the calm lakes, this was definitely designed for you.
This kayak can hold a maximum of 500 pound with it weighing only 26 lbs. it features a 33 mil Polykrylar hull material, three inflated chambers in port, a starboard and an inflated I-beam floor.
It also has spray skirts as well as front and rear seats that are inflatable. Two skegs are available to help in tracking and speed of the kayak. High frequency welded seams are featured too.
- It’s one of the best extra wide kayaks that are lightweight, hence easily portable.
- It has two skegs hence it is able to track smoothly and at a fast speed across the waters.
- It is durable because it is made of a firm material.
- It is quite expensive.
2. AIRHEAD AHTK-2 Montana Performance 2 Person Kayak.
If you own an inflatable kayak, there are way too many things you can do with it. You can carry it along with you when you go out for camping in a place where you can get a chance to use it.
AIRHEAD is a kayak for large person but the best thing is that it can perfectly fit in the trunk of your car or even a travelling bag.
You do not have to drive with it on your car’s rooftop.
This 500 lb capacity kayak features front and back spray covers, front and rear seats that can be moved or removed, two Boston valves, a plugged threaded drain hole, three air chambers covered with 840-denier nylon, neoprene elbow guards and 6 D-rings.
- AIRHEAD is easy to inflate and deflate because it has two Boston valves.
- It is lightweight, 36 lbs.
- It is painted orange for high visibility to enhance safety.
- Some people complain that the orange color fades quickly if the kayak is used frequently.
3. Strait Edge 2 Two-Person Kayak.
Are you tired of the white water and you want to try out something new? This extra wide kayak will take care of you.
Strait Edge has been improved to make your paddling in the open waters smooth and enjoyable.
It is made of heavy-duty PVC Tarpaulin material that is puncture resistance. The aluminum bow and stern frame make it the best high weight capacity kayak to maneuver through the open waters.
The seats can be adjusted into three positions for a solo or tandem mode. Two rod holders are also included for you to choose the fishing position that is best for you.
- It is made of a mixture of two sheets of PVC which makes it puncture resistance.
- It comes along with a manual so it will be easy to learn.
- It has a one year warranty.
- It is a little heavier than other fishing kayaks for large people.
4. Lifetime 10 Foot Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak.
Lifetime 10 Foot Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak is unbeatable fishing kayak for heavy person. Its design is amazing since you can fish while sitting or standing.
What else would you be looking for?
These kayaks for fat guys features two double sided paddles, paddle clips, 3 holders for fishing rods, two padded backrests and a storage hatch sized 6’.
The footrests can be adjusted to different positions to accommodate all sizes of riders.
The blow is made from High Density Polythene which makes it strong and durable. It is spacious enough to seat up to 3 people which makes it more fun to use with your friends or family.
- It is spacious hence can accommodate up to 3 people.
- It has a 5 year warranty form the manufacturer.
- It is designed in a way that you can fish while standing or seated.
- Its weight is higher than most kayaks for fat guys.
5. Sea Eagle Razorlite 393rl Inflatable Kayak with Pro Package.
Sea Eagle Razorlite is the most incredibly performing solo kayak with high weight capacity is the Razorlite 393rl.
It is NMMA certified hence you need not to worry about its functionality.
Drop Stitch Technology has been used to fully construct it. It has two self-bailing Drain Valves, a small rear skeg that is removable, front and rear spry skirts that can be removed, 6 D-rings, 3 one-way air valves and 1000 Denier Reinforced Seam.
- This 500 lb capacity kayak is lightweight hence easy to carry.
- It has a casing which makes it easy to store.
- It is very comfortable due to the adjustable footrest.
- It is a very high speed large kayak therefore not very suitable for beginners.
6. Lifetime Tandem Sit on Top Kayak with Back Rest.
Lifetime Tandem is a multi-purpose recreational kayak for heavy person. It has the ability to carry three people at a go hence you can tag your partner along.
Lifetime Tandem kayak 500 lb capacity has front and rear carry handles, shock cord straps to hold the loose items, ditty trays and very comfortable seats with soft backrests.
It is constructed with high-density Polyethylene which makes it durable.
- It has UV-protection that will prevent it from peeling off or fading.
- Its tunnel hull design makes it very stable hence minimal chances of tipping over.
- It has an adjustable footrest which makes it comfortable for all users.
- It takes time to learn how to use it therefore it can be discouraging to slow learners.
7. Sea Eagle SE330 Inflatable Sports Kayak Pro Solo Package.
Sea Eagle SE330 Inflatable Sports Kayak is the most favorite among fishing kayaks with high weight capacity.
It weighs 26 lbs making it one of the lightest kayaks for big people.
It can hold two people for an exciting adventure in the waters. Pro Solo has one four part AB30 paddle, a deluxe kayak seat that can be moved, a foot pump, a carry bag to help you carry it around and a repair kit.
A three year warranty is another good reason for you to purchase this high weight capacity kayak.
- It is very easy to paddle so you will enjoy without getting tired.
- It is light hence easy to port.
- The seat might sometimes fail to hold two people in case they are very large.
What To Consider When Buying A 500 Lb Capacity Kayak.
Trust me you do not want to go kayaking and instead find yourself sinking your kayak.
Before you set your feet at the store to buy a kayak or order one online, there are some basic things that you should put in check to ensure you select the best 500 lb capacity kayak as discussed below.
This is the first thing you should check out before you buy a kayak for a big guy. Go for the wider kayaks because they will obviously be more stable than the narrow ones.
You can have so much fun with a kayak that does not require you to break a fortune. You know the size of your pocket so buy a high weight capacity kayak that will suit your needs at a pocket friendly price.
Speed is another factor that affects fishing using a kayak. A low speed kayak should be your choice if your fishing spots are calm and easy to reach.
If otherwise, settle for a high speed kayak to help you maneuver the rough waters.
If you are using your kayak for fishing, you definitely need space to store your fishing gear as well as the fish you catch.
Choose the best fishing kayaks for big guys that has special storage for all your necessities.
This is an important consideration. Pick a kayak that is more durable to avoid breakdowns and also to ensure it serves you long enough.
If you have been searching for the best 500 lb capacity kayak, I believe the above information was of great help to you.
You can now be able to choose the best fishing kayak under 1000 for an exceptional experience in either white waters or through the waves in a classic way.