Looking for the best air compressor for the money?
Here is a succinct summary of the best portable air compressor on the market with their key features.
Compressed air has for the last few years replaced electricity and fuel when it comes to powering tools but more than that it gives tools more power so you won’t have to use your strength to do certain tasks.
The best air compressor for the money doesn’t have to be expensive but it’s great if it comes with nice features and you can move it from one site to another easily. See our comprehensive review for the Best Air Compressor For The Money below
Table of Contents
- 1 1. PORTER-CABLE C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor.
- 2 2. DEWALT D55146 4-1/2-Gallon 200-PSI Hand Carry Compressor With Wheels.
- 3 3. Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressors.
- 4 4. Bostitch BTFP02012 6 Gallon Pancake Compressor.
- 5 5. Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor.
- 6 6. Senco PC1131 Compressor, 2.5-Horsepower (PEAK) 4.3-Gallon.
- 7 7. California Air Tools CAT-10020 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor.
- 8 8. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1-Gallon Compressor.
- 9 9. Hitachi KNT50AB Professional Finish Combo Kit.
- 10 10. California Air Tools 5510SE Ultra Quiet Air Compressor.
1. PORTER-CABLE C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor.
- PORTER-CABLE C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Compressor is the best small compressor with a pancake style tank and rubber feet that ensures the unit stands stable on its own.
- What makes this PORTER-CABLE C2002 the best air compressor for the money is the fact that it has a higher pressure design that gives you longer air tool performance without stopping to refill every few minutes.
- It has an oil-free pump for easy maintenance because you don’t have to change oil and clean spilled oil on the work area.
- The 6 gallon capacity tank means you will have enough air to do a significant amount of work before you need to refill.
- It comes with a 13-piece accessory kit which has enough tools for all tasks you can do around the homestead so you don’t need to buy a separate tool box.
- The induction motor is easy to start and enhances performance and extended life.
2. DEWALT D55146 4-1/2-Gallon 200-PSI Hand Carry Compressor With Wheels.
- DEWALT D55146 4-1/2-Gallon 200-PSI Hand Carry Compressor is a heavy duty machine that is solidly built to withstand harsh outdoor tasks.
- It has dual connections so you can use more than one tool simultaneously and two people can use it at the same time.
- This unit is compact, lightweight and has pneumatic wheels to make portability easy, making it one of the best air compressor for the money.
- The pump is oil free so you never have to clean oil on the work surface or get your hands black.
- Dewalt has a patented high efficiency motor to ensure you never lose pressure and enhance a quick recovery time.
- It’s a silent air compressor so you can use it indoors without disturbing other people.
- With 200psi maximum pressure, you can run any air tool you want without worry.
3. Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressors.
- Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Air Compressors has a Big Bore engineered pump cylinder and piston to give a higher output, make less noise and enhance performance making it the best small portable air compressor.
- It has a low AMP draw motor that reduces the chances of breaker tripping and voltage drop so your motor is protected from failing.
- Though it’s an oil based compressor, Makita MAC700 has a convenient located oil drain, oil sight glass and tank drain valve to make maintenance easy and fast.
- It has cast iron construction to ensure durability even in the toughest working conditions.
- It’s a compact and lightweight unit so it’s easy to carry around and the ergonomically designed handle helps too.
- Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressor recycles quickly and fills the tank in 15 minutes tops.
4. Bostitch BTFP02012 6 Gallon Pancake Compressor.
- Bostitch BTFP02012 best home air compressor has 6 gallon tank that gives 150 maximum PSI so you will not run out of pressure throughout your work.
- It’s the best oil free air compressor that requires little maintenance and cleaning because you don’t have to keep changing and cleaning up spilled oil.
- Bostitch BTFP02012 has a high flow regulator and coupler to ensure you get optimum air tool performance.
- This compressor weighs only 29pounds and a has a narrow tank so its easy to carry and store in the garage.
- It’s a fairly quiet air compressor that will make for a peaceful work environment.
- The high efficiency motor ensures that you can start the compressor easily even in cold weather or when you are using extension cord.
- Bostitch BTFP02012 has two universal couplers so two people can use it at the same time.
5. Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor.
- Makita’s top rated air compressors are famous for their cast iron pumps that are designed for durability even in rough working conditions.
- Makita MAC2400 2.5 HP Air Compressor has a Big Bore cylinder with piston to offer you fast recovery time and better tool performance rating it as one of the best air compressor for the money.
- With the low AMP draw and built-in thermal overload chances of breaker tripping are reduced and the motor lasts longer.
- This is an oil-based compressor and the oil ensures cool running temperatures and reduces wear and tear.
- Makita MAC2400 is protected with a roll cage so it’s safe to go in extreme job sites.
- This quiet portable air compressor has a large industrial air filter that enhances more air intake and efficiency.
6. Senco PC1131 Compressor, 2.5-Horsepower (PEAK) 4.3-Gallon.
- Senco PC1131 Air Compressor is the best small air compressor for home use and professional work because it provides 4.4CFM.
- It has a cast iron cylinder tank that is strong and durable to offer you a long life of service even in harsh job sites.
- The twin tank configuration ensures you don’t run of air in the middle of a task.
- Senco PC1131 has an air filter and air inlet to enhance efficiency and more air intake.
- This oil based compressor comes with an oil bottle to make operation cooler and reduce wear and tear.
- It’s the best small air compressor that is quiet to give you a peaceful work environment and lightweight to make portability possible.
- The tank refills in two minutes and has a recovery time of 18 seconds so your time will not be wasted at all.
7. California Air Tools CAT-10020 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor.
- California Air Tools CAT-10020 is an ultra-quiet air compressor at only 70decibels so you will have a quiet working environment and not distract other people.
- Since it uses an oil-free pump, you will not have a lot of work cleaning up and changing oil every now and then.
- It has a 10gallon steel tank so it’s great for professional work because it will take a while before air runs out.
- Though 10 gallon is very big, this air compressor comes with attached wheels to make portability easy.
- CAT-10020 is a powerful compressor that gives 2.0horsepower meaning it can power any tool without a problem.
- The easy start valve and low AMP draw means the motor will last a very long time because chances of breaker tripping are reduced.
8. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1-Gallon Compressor.
- Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak is a lightweight air compressor that is easy to carry from site to site and to store in the garage.
- It’s the best air compressor for home use because it gives 1horsepower peak and has a one-gallon tank which is enough for simple hobbies and home improvement jobs.
- It’s an oil-free pump so you don’t have to worry about maintenance and cleaning dirty oil.
- Senco PC1010 has an aluminum cylinder to ensure strength and durability.
- It takes only two minutes to pump up and 35seconds to recover so you will not waste too much time between tasks while waiting for power.
- Senco PC1010 is a low noise air compressor that will not wake people up and disturb the neighbors.
- It is the best portable air compressor on the market and has rubber covered feet to ensure your floor is not scratched.
9. Hitachi KNT50AB Professional Finish Combo Kit.
- Hitachi KNT50AB Professional Combo Kit features a pancake air compressor, 18 Gauge 2inch Brad nailer, 25inch hybrid hose, safety glasses and pneumatic oil so it’s the best air compressor for the money if nailing and framing is what you do.
- This Hitachi’s best pancake air compressor has a smaller and more compact design to make portability and transport easy.
- It has a contractor-grade high efficiency motor that ensures reliable startup even when it’s cold and enhances extended life.
- The 6-gallon tank makes sure you will not run out of air supply quickly even when you are tackling a lot of tasks.
- Hitachi KNT50AB Professional Finish Combo Kit come with two universal quick connect couplers that make functionality easy with the plug and play function and make it possible for two nailers to work at the same time.
10. California Air Tools 5510SE Ultra Quiet Air Compressor.
- California Air Tools 5510SE is the quietest portable air compressor at 60decibels which means you can even work from the house without disturbing anyone.
- It has an oil free pump that not only gives clean air but is also easy to maintain because you don’t need to change the oil and clean up messes.
- With a maximum pressure of 120PSI, you are assured that any tool you have will get sufficient power.
- The best air compressor brand, California Air Tools has a new SP Series of super quiet motors designed to run continuously for a longer period.
- This small quiet air compressor has a thermal overload protector to keep it from overheating.
- The steel cylinder has big wheels and two handles to make moving and transporting easier.
Though the best cheap air compressor may lack some great features, one should not break their bank to get the best air compressor for the money.
It should be about getting exactly what you need at a fair price and ensuring your unit will serve you for a long time even in bad working conditions.