Sewing enthusiasts would do anything to acquire new skills such as quilting. If you are one of them, you need to find out the best computerized quilting machines for home use.
This is a sewing machine that has a computer that controls the motors for perfect patterns on your fabric.
It does not matter if you are new in quilting or you have been doing it with your hands, which many people actually do day in day out.
You need to boost the speed and quality of your work. There are very many long arm quilting machines for home use in the market that are easy to use for both beginners and advanced sewers.
I have been in the sewing industry for quite a long time so you can guess how classy my wardrobe is.
At the beginning, I had a hard time choosing the best home quilting machine so after my research, I came up with this review hoping it will be the ultimate guide for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Quilting Sewing Machines
- 1.1 1. Brother PQ1500SL High Speed Quilting and Sewing Machine.
- 1.2 2. Janome MC-6300 Professional Heavy-Duty Computerized Quilting Sewing Machine.
- 1.3 3. Laura Ashley Limited Edition CX155LA Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine.
- 1.4 4. Brother cs6000i 60-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine.
- 1.5 5. JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine.
- 1.6 6. Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine.
- 1.7 7. SINGER 7469Q Confidence Quilter Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine.
- 2 What To Consider When Buying Computerized Quilting Machines For Home Use.
Best Quilting Sewing Machines
1. Brother PQ1500SL High Speed Quilting and Sewing Machine.
Is your closet full of old-fashioned patterns that were probably quilted using hands?
Renew your outfits with Brother PQ1500SL High Speed Quilting and Sewing Machine and you will be surprised.
It is the best long arm quilting machine that will solve your fabric problems at an outstanding high speed that goes up to 1500 stitches in a minute.
It has a large table that will provide you enough space for big projects.
This best home quilting machine features a knee lifter, pin feed that is adjustable, 4 feed dog settings, an automatic thread cutter, straight stitch sewing foot, a zipper foot, rolled hem foot, quarter inch foot, seam guide, power cord as well as sewing notions. Quilting on a sewing machine at home is always fun with Brother PQ1500SL.
- It is very fast with its controlled speed.
- It has a large throat area for big sized quilt.
- It lacks an indicator if the bobbing is empty.
2. Janome MC-6300 Professional Heavy-Duty Computerized Quilting Sewing Machine.
Every quilting fan should try out Janome MC-6300 Professional Heavy-Duty Computerized Quilting Sewing Machine.
Most quilting sewing machine reviews consider it the best machine for advanced sewing.
It comes along with 66 stitches with four buttonholes. It has a sewing speed of 1000 stitches per minute which is very ideal for a committed quilter.
With this, you will finish up your projects and at the same time produce unbeatable designs of patterns.
Others features in Janome MC-6300 include a throat space, built-in thread cutter that has memory capacity, knee lifter, drop feed control, block stitches, script monogram stitches and LED display.
This is all the professionals need for the most appealing patterns.
- The bobbing winder is amazing.
- The auto thread cutter works perfectly.
- It does not have light so working in a poorly lit room is difficult.
3. Laura Ashley Limited Edition CX155LA Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine.
You might be asking yourself which sewing machine is best for quilting. Have you come across Laura Ashley Limited Edition CX155LA Computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine?
This is the answer to your question.
It is the best inexpensive sewing machine for quilting that will allow you to familiarize with 155 built-in stitches.
It also has 11 sewing and quilting feet that will take you through an enjoyable process of producing the best patterns.
Boost your creativity with the designer accessories that come along with this best beginner quilting machine.
It has both bobbing and top thread threading which will make your dreams come true. This is how fast you can grow to an international designer in the spin of a bottle.
- It produces high quality stitches.
- It has an easy threading system which requires less effort.
- Heavy duty quilting cannot be done using this machine.
4. Brother cs6000i 60-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine.
If you want the best sewing machine for a beginner quilter, then Brother cs6000i 60-Stitch will take care of your needs.
It has a wide range of 66 built-in sewing stitches that you can select from.
There are other features that make this machine very versatile and they include a start and stop button, 9 presser feet, oversized table top, automatic needle threader, sewing speed control that is adjustable, threading diagrams as well as a start guide.
You can never go wrong with this best home quilting machine.
- The manual user guide is very easy to read.
- It is perfect for beginners due to the speed controlling feature.
- Its light weight causes it to shake when sewing.
5. JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine.
JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing is among the best quilting machines for beginners in the market today.
It has a very strong 1500 SPM machine that will help you quilt apparel as well as the most fabulous home décor.
Like most computerized quilting machines for home use, it has an automatic needle threader to make your quilting easier.
You will enjoy the flow of events when using this machine. It has an extension table with a large working area to take care of big projects.
You will have a more peaceful sewing session since this machine has minimized vibrations due to the aluminum die cast frame.
This is a conducive environment for you to come up with mind-blowing designs for your products.
- It has a high sewing speed of 1500 stitches per minute.
- The working space is bright due to LED lights.
- They are many technical faults related to this machine.
6. Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine.
Brother HC1850 is one of the most recommended sewing machines for quilting.
You can totally rely on it due to its versatility in the journey of getting high quality patterns.
It has a set of 130 stitches, stitch-flip chart, 8 feet, buttonholes, easy threading, blind hems, zippers, foot controller that is detachable, a wide table, 14 quilting stitch functions and a bilingual user’s manual.
The adjustable sewing speed will allow you to sew at your own pace hence come up with outstanding work.
This is convenient for advanced sewers who will definitely fall in love with the functionality of this machine.
- It allows monogramming with the sewing font.
- It has a stitch flip-chart.
- It is not advisable for beginners.
7. SINGER 7469Q Confidence Quilter Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine.
Become a fashionista with this best long arm quilting machine. SINGER 7469Q Confidence Quilter Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine has all the features you need to go quilting.
The following features make it outdo most computerized quilting machines for home use.
The 98- built-in stitches that include 7 automatic one-step button holes, an electronic twin needle control, four quilting feet, the stitch length, and width are adjustable and an extension table. Don’t miss an amazing quilting experience with SINGER 7469Q Confidence.
- It has an automatic needle threader that makes it easy to use.
- There is a programmable needle up and down for easy quilting.
- The free motion quilting is not reliable as much.
What To Consider When Buying Computerized Quilting Machines For Home Use.
Buying a sewing machine for quilting requires you to consider several things. This will save you some money as well as energy so keep reading and familiarize with some considerations that you need to make.
- The number of stitches:
Think about what you really need. You can sew successfully with only two stitches, straight and zigzag, even when your machine has more than 100 stitches.
Choose the number of stitches depending on how you wish to use the machine.
The most recommended sewing machines for quilting have a heavy motor. This means that it is strong hence you will easily work on heavy fabrics once they come your way.
- How often you will use the machine:
Be honest with yourself and purchase a machine that will be a good investment according to how many times you use it.
- Your expectations:
If you are a beginner, a machine with many options will be good for you. An advanced sewer has familiarized with many machines hence they are likely to adjust to most machines.
Some computerized quilting machines for home use make a lot of noise when you are sewing and this can affect the user significantly. A silent machine is the best choice.
The best long arm quilting machines should have a wide table to provide space for big projects.
- Stitch length:
Most people fail to check on this. If you can adjust the stitch length and width, you will come up with new designs and make your dream projects a reality.
This is actually very sensitive. Set a budget and stick to it.
There is a wide range of computerized quilting machines for home use today. This can be a little overwhelming when it comes to choosing a sewing machine for quilting.
However, the above information will guide you through as you prepare for a whole new experience of quilting on a sewing machine at home.