As a parent, you do not have to worry about ‘gluing’ your little ones on your back to take them to the park. With the introduction of scooters which are now gaining popularity, the journey will be much faster if you buy them the best first scooter for toddlers …
The kid might enjoy walking but remember they will obviously get tired. Would you choose to get them a scooter for toddlers or to patch that heavy mass on the back? Be wise here. A scooter will be more fun to gift your child with.
As a new parent, I have been caught in the dilemma on what toddler electric scooter will suit my 2-year-old son. I had to do a detailed research so as to get the best scooter in the market. The list below will inform you on some of the best toddler scooter.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best First Scooter For Toddlers Reviewed.
- 2 1. Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-bar.
- 3 2. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter.
- 4 3. Globber 3 Wheel Adjustable Height Scooter.
- 5 4. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter, Red.
- 6 5. Y Glider 100071 3 in 1 Ride On.
- 7 6. Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter.
- 8 7. YBIKE GLX Scooter, 12cm.
- 9 Buying Guide for The Best First Scooter For Toddlers.
Best First Scooter For Toddlers Reviewed.
1. Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-bar.
This cool electric scooter is designed for kids in between the age of 5-12. The T-bar as the name indicates allows the kid to balance easily. The rider can adjust the handlebar styles for an even more enjoyable ride.
All the parts of Micro Maxi can be replaced therefore you can be sure it will serve your child like forever if you allow me to put it that way. The three wheels are made of top quality PU thus allowing an extraordinary glide when the child is maneuvering through the paths.
- It is small in size hence easy to move around with.
- It has big tires that ensure optimal stability.
- The handle is customizable to suit your kid’s height.
- It is much slower than other scooters for toddlers.
- Most of its parts are outdated.
2. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter.
Are you searching for the best razor scooter for toddler? You are finally home. Razor Jr. is a beginner’s scooter that offers more than just fun and a little more exercise. It is ideal for children aged three years and above with a weight capacity of 45 pounds.
The scooter has a wide step-on deck that is slip-resistant to offer maximum stability for your kid. The T-bar is padded to avoid irritating the toddler’s hands thus offering superior comfort. The steel frame is very sturdy ad the wheels are high rated for an even smoother ride.
- It is very cheap for the price you would expect with the features.
- It is easy to use.
- It is very stable as it has three wheels.
- The rear wheels scrap the kid’s ankles during the ride because they are not properly positioned
3. Globber 3 Wheel Adjustable Height Scooter.
I love this Globber 3 wheel toddler scooter due to its’ exceptional performance. When my kid is riding along me, I am always the proudest mother in the world. It can accommodate weight up to 110 lbs with an age recommendation of 3 and above years.
The T-bar handles can easily be adjusted by using the 3 position latch system for comfort of your child as he/she grows up. The long rear brake provides a reliable breaking system for the kid’s safety.
There is a secure direction button lock for increasing balance by locking up the steering. This prevents the baby from toppling over instead of enjoying the ride. The PU wheels have ABEC 5 bearings that offer a smooth ride on the roads.
- It is very easy to steer and maneuver.
- The top rated wheels roll smoothly even on rough terrain.
- It is lightweight hence easy to carry.
- The back wheel is a bit slow.
- It is not easy to learn for a beginner.
4. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter, Red.
Scootering can be a little scary for your kid especially because they are beginners. Similar for a new driver on a busy highway. We all have had such moments when trying something new.
For quick balance and coordination development, choose My 1st Scooter and your child will be all smiles. What else do you need from them other than that heart-melting glee? This is absolutely the best first scooter for toddlers.
It has a base that is extra-wide with two front wheels for optimal stability. It has a turning radius and foot-brake for easy control as well as the safety of your toddler with a weight capacity of 50 lbs.
- It has a broad base which makes it very stable for your kid.
- It comes along with a bag that will help you carry it around and also store it properly.
- It is very durable and will last your toddler long enough even with frequent usage.
- The lean-to-turn design fails to respond at times and this can be very risky for your kid.
- The scooter gets slow sometimes and the toddler might get tired of steering.
5. Y Glider 100071 3 in 1 Ride On.
The Y Glider 100071 3 in 1 Ride On is the best first scooter for toddlers in the market today. It can be used by kids aged 1 to 5 years.
Before your child can confidently walk, this scooter for toddlers can be used along with its seat. This will enable the kid to ride without fear of falling off the scooter. As they grow up, the seat can be removed so that they learn on balancing the scooter for an improved ride.
The handle bar can be adjusted for comfort depending on your toddler’s height. This will make it easy for them to learn balancing and co-ordination skills.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- It is more than fun to ride hence your kid will be entertained.
- It is durable and can accommodate your child as he/she grows up.
- It is expensive hence a budget-sensitive parent is not likely to afford.
6. Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter.
Enjoy watching your little one riding like a boss along the sidewalks in the streets on the Micro Mini Original. Perfect for kids aged 2-5 with a weight capacity of 44 lbs, this best scooter for toddlers is a must have.
It has 3 top rated wheels, the deck is positioned low-to-the-ground and the steering is always safe. All these add up to a stable ride for your toddler.
Being the highest rated scooter for toddlers, it has won several awards including the ASTRA Best Toy Award 2014, Gold and SNAP Award Seals 2009, 2010 and 2o11, Tillywig Top Fun Award 2014 among others.
- This toddler electric scooter has unbeatable wheels that can maneuver over tiny rocks.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- The deck is wide enough to accommodate both feet which maximize stability.
- The brake falls off at times which might result to the kid falling.
- The handle is not adjustable therefore your child has to forget about it as they grow past the height limit.
7. YBIKE GLX Scooter, 12cm.
You will always want your child to look cooler than his/her age mates. How about you get this bright neon colored little girl YBIKE GLX electric scooter?
If your child is still learning to balance, the lean and steer design helps them to be more than safe with this YBIKE GLX scooter. The rear wheel is extra wide for maximum stability.
The grip surface is raised and built-in on the scooter deck to make it sturdy. There is a rear brake that is easy to use for your little angel.
- It is easy and quick to assemble which will save you some energy and time.
- It is fun to ride and your kid will relish every second spent on this scooter for kids.
- It is very beautiful hence appealing to the eyes. Kids love pretty things.
- It is very expensive therefore not all parents can manage to purchase it.
Buying Guide for The Best First Scooter For Toddlers.
Do not get overwhelmed when you go to a store to purchase the best toddler scooter for your boy or girl. There are very many class scooters in the market out there hence you have to consider several things before you buy one such as:
The best scooter for toddlers should have a high weight limit. This will be good especially for a fast-growing child.
Buy a scooter that has adjustable handlebars so as to accommodate the child as they grow taller.
Your child will obviously want to carry along their scooter everywhere they go. Choose one that will be favoring them.
- Number of wheels
For a beginner, a three-wheel scooter should be your choice. It is more stable and you do not have to keep dressing bruises when the child falls.
Is the scooter too small or too big for your kid? Go for the one that suits them best.
The better the brakes, the better the bike. The performance of brakes vary from one scooter to another so do not be afraid to test the brakes at the store before you leave with your scooter.
Ensure that the safety feature of the scooter for kids that catches your attention is functional. The handlebars should be padded to avoid discomfort. The base should be wide enough and also slide-free.
Your decision will significantly be affected by where your budget lies. However, a cheap scooter toddler might lack some features that are crucial therefore if your budget is tight, you might end up risking your kid’s life. Be very careful.
Being a cool parent with a cooler toddler has never felt wrong. The above list gives you the basics you need to know of the best first scooter for toddlers.
Ensure that you thoroughly read through it so that you purchase the best toddler scooter that your kid will adore riding whether to the park or to school.